October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month

2 10 2010

A reminder to all of our friends that October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. For women who don’t have insurance, please check your area for free mammograms, breast exams, pap and pelvic exams.

Thank to our veterans

31 05 2010

We would like to take this opportunity to thank all of our veterans and our current and future soldiers. We appreciate all that you have done and sacrificed!

More congrats to the Order of Omega at Rensselaer!

16 04 2010

At RPI, the Order of Omega chapter has won the 2009 Outstanding Chapter award! More information and the photo I took can be found on the RPI website. Order of Omega is the honorary society for our fraternity and sorority members and I have the pleasure of being one of their advisors.

Congratulations also to their newest members, just inducted this month.

Hawks, hawks, hawks!

15 01 2010

I’m fascinated by hawks. I truly do not know why… but I find them very beautiful and majestic. On my travels I usually pass a location where two hawks can be found roosting, probably looking for their next meal. When I travel between the Capital District and Long Island I usually see a hawk or two along the thruway or side roads.

The other day, however, was truly unusual! I saw the usual pair of hawks although they were hiding in a different set of trees than usual. I then passed another hawk, this time in flight! And further along I passed two more hawks perched above the landscape!

Five hawks seen in the local area in a single day – a new record for me!

Congratulations… to US!

7 08 2009

Apparently we’ve been selected for the “Best of Niskayuna”  program!

MJ Anderson Photography, selected Best of Niskayuna

MJ Anderson Photography, selected Best of Niskayuna

Thank you!

Draper Photos are now READY!

20 06 2009

I just finished uploading them! No wonder we were so busy – we took over four hundred photos last nite – phew!

Here’s one a shot of the gang having fun. To see all of them just click here or on the photo below.

ENJOY THE PHOTOS EVERYONE!

PS – be sure to email all your friends, post the link in MySpace / Facebook / etc. so everyone can see how much fun everyone had! I know that I certainly had a great time! Thanks folks!!

Draper Middle School Moving Up Dance

20 06 2009

Congratulations to my friends at Draper Middle School! I again had the pleasure of providing photo magnets at their celebration!

Everyone had a great time enjoying the wonderful music provided by Chris Hollister of Cool Cat Entertainment, munching on a variety of foods and snacks, taking snapshots of each other at the posing stations and, of course, muging for our camera! Our keepsake photo magnets will be treasured by Draper families as they decorate fridges and school lockers!

I have a ton of photos and will be uploading them over the next couple of days so – stay tuned!

Thank You to our Service People

25 05 2009

A loud Thank You! to all of our military members, past and present.

Shelters of Saratoga

30 03 2009

I again had the pleasure of attending and photographing the activities at this wonderful event!

There was a magnificent array of foods from the restaurants in the area. A delightful variety of silent auction gifts had been contributed to the evening’s festivities. The music was very enjoyable – but I failed to write down the name of the band! (Please leave a comment if you know – I’d love to give them the plug!).

And of course, the guests were having a great time. My photos from the event can be found here.

For more information on this organization and how you can help, please visit their website: www.sheltersofsaratoga.org

Congratulations Albany Jr River Rats!

22 03 2009

After leading Division 2 of the NEMHL, the Albany Jr. River Rats swept through the final tournament willing all three of the regular games. In an exciting championship game against the Saratoga Blue Knights the game ended regulation time in a 1-1 tie – showing just how hard each team had worked!

In a 5-on-5 sudden death overtime the Rats dropped the puck in to win the championship!

Photos from that last game, the NEMHL banquet the night before, and the end of season pizza party can be seen here.

A very nice article appeared in the Saratogian.

Congratulations men!